This is good news in that it shows a step forward, UK overtakes Denmark as world's biggest offshore wind generator | Environment | guardian.co.uk However, we should notice that it is quite a restricted area that is being reported. The other side of the matter is this, however: "despite today's announcement, the UK is still near the bottom of the European league table when it comes to harnessing renewable energy, campaigners say."
Still, we, as a nation, really ought to be one of the highest in usage of offshore wind power, so this really is important. The vital thing is not to let it lull us into thinking we've done our bit already.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment