19 November 2008

Rubbish art by Yao Lu

I'm a real fan of art that is about recycling. I'm not sure if this counts under that heading but it is certainly interesting. Viewing the City’s Places of Interest in Springtime, by Yao Lu | Culture Making: "Another of Yao Lu's photos just won the BMW–Paris Photo prize, which is how I heard about him: 'The artist photographs mounds of garbage covered in green protective nets which he assembles and reworks by computer to create bucolic images of mountain landscapes shrouded in the mist inspired by traditional Chinese paintings. Lying somewhere between painting and photography, between the past and the present, Yao Lu’s work speaks of the radical mutations affecting nature in China as is it subjected to rampant urbanization and the ecological threats that endanger the environment.'"

1 comment:

Sally said...

THOUGHT PROVOKING! I needed to take a second look...

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...