Admittedly, it was only a time-limited offer, but the fact that it could be offered seems to indicate that the costs are likely to continue to fall. Today only: $99 DNA test: "oday only, the usually $499 DNA test from 23andMe is only $99."
Of course, it's not yet Gattaca -the Gattaca scenario clearly required a very cheap DNA testing system. However, we should consider the social and ethical ramifications of ever cheaper DNA testing: for example, paternity testing becomes routine and even could be done covertly, without permission (and once that genie was out of the bottle ...), or insurance companies routinely require them, surveillance becomes easier in some respects ....
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
24 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment