Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
18 April 2010
Why we should care about social inequality: it's bad for all of us
I've been aware over the last few years of research emerging to indicated this piecemeal. Now it looks like a whole load is all in one place: The Evidence | The Equality Trust: "Great inequality is the scourge of modern societies. We provide the evidence on each of eleven different health and social problems: physical health, mental health, drug abuse, education, imprisonment, obesity, social mobility, trust and community life, violence, teenage births, and child well-being. For all eleven of these health and social problems, outcomes are very substantially worse in more unequal societies."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Science And Spirituality Of Addiction
What drew me in was the collocation of science and spirituality in the title. I'm also a little interested in addiction through having ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
Some readers will recall that I'm keen in principle on a thorough review of the way we do dioceses in the CofE. I'm not starry-eyed...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment