Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
17 October 2010
Bishops should be selected by lottery
This research on peter_principle gives a mathematical demonstration that: "organizations would become more efficient if promotions were made at random" So assuming that being made Bishop is a promotion in some sense (and I have theological difficulties with the notion), we should consider saving the moneys spent on the Crown appointments process and the search procedures and simply enter all the clergy into a lottery for each position of bishop, archdeacon or even area dean. There is Biblical precedent, of course ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
2 comments:
Parliamentary elections would benefit from the same process.
Interestingly, that was one of the suggestions for the way to select the 2nd Chamber if/when we reform the Lords.
Post a Comment