This is the Pentagon: planners there are taking global warming seriously as they try to analyse its possible impacts on security issues. So it appears that at least some branches of the USAmerican administration are taking global warming seriously. In the present climate [sorry!] can the other aspects of government be far behind?
Much of this article is about the threat to the gulf stream [with a good emplanation of why it is an issue]. It certainly made me think that we'd be better preparing for more Labradorean weather than for grape growing in the longer term -so now could be the time to consider taking courses on dog-sledging. Still it's one way to get Britain to perform better in winter olympics. It would also be likely to dissuade migration of climatically-displaced people into the UK and the knock on effects of that would be less work force when our population is at its oldest ... Perhaps there are other actuarial issues but those are the ones that occur to me.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment