Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
06 September 2004
Islamic reformation
TIME Magazine: Viewpoint This article [cited on MWU blog] perhspa gives some indication of how things are in the Muslim community: that there is a real push for reformation using the resources of Islam to crive forward a 'progressive' form of the religion. Perhaps in observing, we Christians should remember the lessons of Protestant reformation in the West: it took arguabley 200 years to get off the ground, it took the social conditions of humanism and new economic forms and technological invention to lend it critical mass and then it took several hundred years for some of the critical propositions to be more widely accepted [cf Vatican 2 in the early 60's]. Perhaps the speed could be greater in this case, assuming that this is what we may be seeing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment