11 October 2004

Charibaptomethanglicathorthevangelicostal

There's this site which takes you through a set of beliefs which you have to agree with one in each section and it tells you at the end what you fit into: I come out as orthodox quaker ! I think mainly becasue I'm fairly orthodox in blief wrt things like the nature of God and incarnation and have a lot of sympathy with the historic peace witness of quakers, mennonites etc.

The quiz isn't that good, to be honest: although it does have a weighting factor for answers, it doesn't give options at several points to holdmore than one view or to say none of the above. For example on sacraments etc it had no way to say they are important without being essential or on moral issues to be more nuanced. Sounds like I'm a bit of a liberal too -but it didn't pick up that either!

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...