Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | 'My mother always wants to save money - I want to spend it': "Feng was 26 when she married (her husband, Lilian's dad, is an engineer and away working) and they had two children. Lilian was 29 when she married Richard and her parents are prepared for the possibility that she will have no children. In the future, says Lilian, every Chinese young person will be expected to support four to six oldies; she figures that they will have enough on their plates without children, too."
Hmmmm! Gives substance to the UN report predicting an aging global population.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment