This should be a warning for us; In USA there is a 12% greater risk of dying on December 25 and the following few days than other days in the year -even accounting for winter's seasonal increase in deathrate [those of us who do funerals know about this]. Why might this be so? Two things emerge as most likely consistently from 26 years of data: "people tend to delay seeking care for symptoms. Another is that there are often changes in medical staff during the holidays and, consequently, the quality of medical care might be compromised"
CNN.com - Study: Christmas deadliest day for Americans - Dec 13, 2004
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment