I mentioned in a previous post a couple of days back that the new Pope had in his previous role given Hans Kung a good metaphorical and doctrinal kicking. So I think that it is significant that said theologian writes irenically of Benedict XVI "Theologian Hans K�ng, also writing in Corriere, adds: 'He is conservative but maybe that will change. Experience tells us that we have to wait. Some people enter into the post as conservatives but then become progressive, and vice versa.'"
I am challenged by the humility and grace of this comment and feel suitably chastened. Thank you Hans for demonstrating a proper Christian attitude to those who 'despitefully use you'.
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | New shepherd splits press flock:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment