22 April 2005

Blessing those who persecute -the Pope and Hans Kung

I mentioned in a previous post a couple of days back that the new Pope had in his previous role given Hans Kung a good metaphorical and doctrinal kicking. So I think that it is significant that said theologian writes irenically of Benedict XVI "Theologian Hans K�ng, also writing in Corriere, adds: 'He is conservative but maybe that will change. Experience tells us that we have to wait. Some people enter into the post as conservatives but then become progressive, and vice versa.'"
I am challenged by the humility and grace of this comment and feel suitably chastened. Thank you Hans for demonstrating a proper Christian attitude to those who 'despitefully use you'.
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | New shepherd splits press flock:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...