(I enjoyed reading this article about how Ben and Jerry's have managed to retain their environmental and ethical agenda under ownership by Unilever. It's worth noting too the possibility of refrigeration without refrigerants -which I'd never heard of before."Under Unilever's management, Ben & Jerry's continues to publish an annual social and environmental audit. The company aims to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 10% from 2002 levels by 2007. Unilever has invested in thermoacoustic research, an alternative refrigeration technology that uses sound waves to create cooling and could eliminate the environmentally harmful gases used in mechanical refrigeration. "
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | 'If it's melted, it's ruined':
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment