Rowan Williams does it again; says stuff that I really want an Archbishop of Canterbury to be saying, this time it's ... "The scandal of our current global economy is not simply that it leaves children dying, that it leaves over a billion in extreme need. It is that it rein forces a picture of the world in which rivalry and mutual isolation are the obvious forms of behaviour. The rich protect their markets while talking about the virtues of free trade."
I just pray that this will be heard.
Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Rich impose terms on poor, says Williams:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment