This is a must-read article if you are at all concerned with building a truly sustainable future without a return to the dark-ages or worse. You get a flavour of the thing from this quote: "We need a new model which allows unprecedented prosperity on a sustainable basis. We need a new model which will let everyone on the planet get rich and stay rich, while healing the planet's ecosystems. We need to create what some Brits call 'one-planet livelihoods' which are so prosperous, so dynamic, so enticing that the alternative of chasing the old model of green follows gold seems simply moronic."
By the time you read this you will have been exposed to the current options in their positive and negative spins.The comments at the end should be read too.
WorldChanging: Another World Is Here: Winning the Great Wager:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment