It's a good question and I'm wondering what answers the books referenced in this article give. It would seem to be Christianesed diet books. I'm all for healthier eating and if using first century mediterranean ideas based on what Jesus probably did normally eat, then I'm pleased. I used to work in a Wholefood shop and I believed in what I was doing -I'd do it again, happily.
However, since the question is 'what would Jesus eat?' I have to ask how far the books take in the 'weightier matters of justice and mercy'. Otherwise, simply aping the western fashion/diet meme is going to be like tithing our dill and cumin and leaving the weightier matters aside. So, I want to ask [if any readers have read the books]; do these books talk about the way food is distributed, about ecological footprints, animal welfare, fair trade and so on; you know, all the stuff that's about rich Christians in an age where hunger is present but preventable?
In other words, are these diets 'make poverty history' -friendly?
Christianity :: Americans seek bodily salvation through Jesus diet
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
2 comments:
I think more hummus and 5 fruits a day sounds perfect!
Like the Make Poverty History band-tag -- I want one!
Hi Jem let us know where you blog can be found! [or make you profile public] I think you can get the code for the band tag if you click on to the band and follow instructions, unless they've changed it.
Post a Comment