I just came across this quote and wished I'd found it a couple of months ago. I had been trying, for the Lord's prayer book, to express the idea of the Kingdom of God as a present reality anticipating God's Future in terms continuous with, and yet somewhat discontinuous from, the workings of this present age. I settled for writing in terms of the Kingdom coming into the present 'in patches'. The Gibson quote would have been a real boon.
Quotations on the future: "'The future is already here - it's just unevenly distributed.' - William Gibson."
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment