I've just been researching the 'net so as to prime the pump for the wiki of my forthcoming book on praying the Lord's prayer. It came to pass that I hit upon this amusing little number; just appealed to my sense of humour.
"Our (mis)Concept of Patriarchal Authority, who, it can be said, inhabits the metaphysical sphere, privileged be your signifier.
May your social structure achieve dominance.
May the enactment of your desire be manifested throughout the physical-metaphysical dichotomy.
Empower us this day with the means of material production,
And refuse to enforce sanctions against our behavior which some see as subversions of a moral perspective, just as we refuse to marginalize the moral perspectives of others who have exerted their individuality.
Don't lead us into situation that some would (mis)understand as detrimental to the full expression of our humanness, but liberate us from the concept of "evil."
For yours is the hegemony, and the dominance, and perceived mystification within the entire continuum of the Western concept of linear time."
Doncha love it?
PlanetMike Jokes Politically correct Lord's Prayer see also my book's 'baby wiki' at http://abbeynous.schtuff.com/
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment