I'm considering joining USA Christians in a fast during the World Summit as a spiritual and personal act of solidarity with the billions of people across the world who go without food and basic necessities every day and as part of calling on President Bush, well read the form letter Sojorners suggest ...
"... fasting and praying that you will provide the bold moral and political leadership needed to fulfill our nation's commitment toward achieving the Millennium Development Goals.
Responding to the biblical call for compassion and justice for our world's most impoverished people, I ask for your leadership in pledging an additional $5 billion in development assistance in the 2007 budget in order to move our nation a major step closer toward realizing the ONE campaign goal of increasing U.S. foreign assistance by 1% of the current national budget. We also ask that you accelerate 100% debt cancellation for the world's poorest countries, as well as advance more just trade policies.
I believe these actions represent a small price to pay for building a healthier and more secure world. "
Take Action: The 30,000 Campaign:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment