On Monday I'm leading a couple of workshops on labyrinth for the Diocese of Bradford's "Yes to yound people" day. I've called the workshop "The long and winding road that leads to God's door", with a hat tip to the Beatles for the title, of course.
Here are some good leads for further exploration of labyrinths.
Wikipedia article
Contemplative youth ministry
Grace Cathedral SF Ca. on their labyrinth ministry
.Online Labyrinth based on the BYFC one that Jonny Baker promoted using stations of guided multimedia meditations. See also here.
A good general site.
There's even a Labyrinth society with useful things on their site
The labyrinth can be 'walked' with your fingers ... And if you would like to do it on screen without having to grease your screen with your finger marks, this site is rather nice.
Books I have found helpful on labyrinths
Exploring the Labyrinth: A Guide for Healing and Spiritual Growth Melissa Gayle West
Labyrinths by Candolini which is a kind of travelogue of European labyrinths including British which informs us about labyrinth walking via a travel narrative.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment