Success Covers a Multitude of Sins | Out of Ur | Following God's Call in a New World | Conversations hosted by the editors of Leadership journal:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
07 June 2007
Whose success, which relationality?
"The reason many of us ignore the formation of our character, says Johnson, is because it will slow us down. Many ministry leaders want success, a big church, or a crowd. But how many of us want a real life? How many of us want a life in God? We can have that, Johnson believes. We can have a character that produces love, peace, patience, kindness…but it will slow us down. It might mean the church won’t grow as big as quickly. It might mean the crowd will get smaller."

Success Covers a Multitude of Sins | Out of Ur | Following God's Call in a New World | Conversations hosted by the editors of Leadership journal:
Success Covers a Multitude of Sins | Out of Ur | Following God's Call in a New World | Conversations hosted by the editors of Leadership journal:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
2 comments:
It might slow us down, but in the long run it will take us farther. The quote I like is, "Our skills might take us farther than our character can keep us." So the character-building is essential.
Thanks Nick, that quote is great. I can see me using it in future
Post a Comment