"Who would have guessed that the man responsible for the latest craze among Muslim youngsters would be an Orthodox Jewish grandfather from Manchester?"
Who indeed? And yet there it is: what's more is the inspiration is from the Christian Advent calendar. Practical interfaith dialogue if you ask me. I suspect that this kind of interfaith borrowing may become more prevalent. As will the backlashing remarks from purists condemning the 'non-kosher'/ haram/ unChristian origins of such things.
But a good idea is a good idea whatever the origin. And yet we will see the genetic fallacy rolled out a good many times, mark my words.
The Ramadan countdown starts here …:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
29 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment