Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
16 September 2011
Better to light a candle ...
When I started my new job as co-ordinating chaplain at Northumbria University, I inherited a strapline for the chaplaincy; an old favourite Jewish saying: "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." There was a simple drawing of a lighted candle that tended to do duty as a kind of logo. While trawling through the university's archive of approved images for publicity I came across the one that this one is based on. It has now been made into a large screen-poster for standing behind tables when we do fairs, induction events and the like. I really like it because it focuses visually on the lighting rather than the candle, which feels more at the heart of the saying. And also, the image is lush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...

No comments:
Post a Comment