It may be that last summer waas 50 years too soon but gives us a foretaste of the way things could be in Europe in about 50 years with an average increase of 4C. Of course this ingnores the possibility that melting polar ice sould affect the Gulf Stream and lower north west European temperatures by about 5C -or who knows what other effacts there could be.
What we do know, from chaos theory is that the more energy that we put into the system the more chaotic and extreme the effects are likely to be. So whatever else we should be doing, finding ways to reduce our input of fossil carbon into the atmosphere is vital no matter how beneficially we may view some fo the milder effects of global warming. There's no getting away from the need to change our culture's addiction to oil, gas and coal.
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment